Roasted fig with Herbes de Provence Fresh Herb Salt, honey, vanilla extract & balsamic vinegar
- 900g firm-ripe fresh figs (about 35 figs), halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 220C Place figs, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle evenly with balsamic vinegar, honey and vanilla; sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle with Herbes de Provence Fresh Herb Salt
- Step 2 Roast in preheated oven until figs soften slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; flip figs using tongs. Sprinkle baking sheet evenly with butter cubes.
- Step 3 Return to oven, and roast at 220C until butter is melted and balsamic vinegar is thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool on baking sheet 10 minutes. Sprinkle figs with lemon zest.
Keep an eye on them as every oven is different and they can burn easily so adjust your time or temperature to suit.
Delicious topped with coconut yoghurt, ice cream, or with parma ham and mozzarella, pork or chicken.